What a fun challenge! It has taken me the better part of the week to come up with a song but I did and here is the card I created with a little inspiration from Elton John's 1972 Hit, Rocket Man!
I love the cartoon-ish, punny character of this card. It is very different from my usual style and I really enjoyed making it. I have several little boys in mind as possible recipients, I hope their parents aren't too young to get the pun!
Supplies: (All Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Cardstock: White, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain
Stamps: Boy Basics: Rock On & Out of this World, Background Basics: Twinkle, Fresh Alphabet
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Enchanted Evening
Dies: Star Border, Out of This World st/3, Limitless Layers Ovals
Copic Markers: T1, T4, R29, Y13, YR15
Extra: Sakura Glaze Pen, Dimensional foam adhesive
1. Die cut white card stock with Out of This World st/3, stamp and color the rocket, flame, and moon with Copics
2. Die cut oval.
3. Create sentiment by masking exclamation point on "You Rock", compose -IT and MAN! using Fresh Alphabet
4. Stamp sentiment label, color in "rock", sponge edges with red and yellow inks, glaze all black areas with Sakura Glaze Pen.
5. Cut Spring Rain to 3 3/4" X 5", stamp with Background Basics using Enchanted Evening ink
6. Cut a mat from Enchanted Evening card stock to 4" X 5 1/4", adhere to white card base cut to A2 size. Adhere Spring Rain layer.
7. Adhere all design elements, use dimensional foam for moon and rocket
That's all for today-I need to get back to my house guests. Please let me know what you think about it, you know I love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by,