Monday, July 25, 2011

Blogs and Inspiration Galore!

Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge #42


It's Renee here from ItsAPatchworkLife with the latest Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge...
make a card using Laurie's gorgeous rolled roses.

Here's her card for this week's challenge...
Soapbox Creations



Rolled Roses?  I love rolled roses!  This is a challenge I can really get into.  In fact, I have two cards to share with you tonight.  The first one, "Congrats"  is one I made for a friend who just built the most beautiful new home.  I look forward to taking her something fresh baked and getting "The Tour".  Secondly, the "Dreams" card is playing dual roles tonight in this challenge and the July Papertrey Blog Hop as well, which is a color inspiration challenge.  (scroll down to see photo credit and "Dreams" description)



photo

This is an unusual color combo for me, but it seemed warm and inviting.  AND yellow roses are my favorite color!  I am particularly enjoying using the new leafy vine die from Papertrey Ink's July release and I am equally pleased to have the sentiment options provided in the Congrats All Ways stamp set that I used here.  The cardstock and pattern paper are Papertrey Ink also:  Kraft, Lemon Mist, Ripe Avocado, and the polka dot background is from Dottie Biscotti.  The roses are made with MFT's rolled roses dies, The leaves behind the roses are made with PTI's Turning a New Leaf dies.
Next up:



July 2011 Blog Hop

Welcome everyone to the July Papertrey Blog Hop!  We are so thrilled to see you here!  First, the challenge...
The-Challenge
We have another amazing inspirational photo for you this month that we just know will bring out the very best in your creativity!  Look closely and there are so many directions to go in!  you can choose to focus on the colors, the motifs or the overall design!  We look forward to seeing your projects!

photo

I'm sorry that I had to photo this at night because it is so hard to see the soft Aqua Mist card stock color which is such a beautiful combo with the Orange Zest.  I really enjoyed making this card in large part due to the patterned paper strip and butterflies I created using Mehndi Medallions stamp set. (Best $5.00 I ever spent on a stamp set!)

I used a sheet of Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped it with the large medallion in Ranger's Distress Ink, Brushed Corduroy, and the smaller medallions in a Martha Stewart orange called Pineapple.  I also added Ranger's Tumbled Glass straight from the ink pad making 
squares of color and letting it overlap with the background design. I finished it off with swipes of Aqua Mist ink also straight from the pad.  Here is a scrap since the details are definitely lost in the photo of the finished card.

photo
The rolled rose is made using PTI's Hawaiian Shores cardstock, the leaves behind the rose are made from Ripe Avocado.  Butterflies are made with Martha Stewart's butterfly punch and the sentiment is PTI Daydreamers.  I am especially fond of these beautiful sentiments not only because of what they say but that they are more vertical in design (and very cool font combinations!)
I guess that's all for tonight.  I seem to be having lots of trouble getting this post to look the way I would like for it to, maybe I'm too sleepy!...

At any rate, thank you so much for peeking in!  I would love to hear your comments.
Suzanne

6 comments:

  1. I really like this layout! Love you have the deeper colors of the medallion peeking through on that strip! (I'm a fan of rolled roses, too;). Really pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! Love your strip and the pretty handmade flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are simply gorgeous! I really love the one with yellow roses. The color combo is so soothing. I'm so glad you joined us at the Paper Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First...
    let me apologize for my tardiness...
    but I'm always late...
    I blame the kids! :)
    Second...
    BOTH of these cards are incredible...
    LOVE them!
    WOW!
    That first one...
    I totally agree...
    the colors are so warm and inviting...
    perfect housewarming card!
    The second one...
    LOVE!!!
    Gorgeous...
    both are stunners!
    Thank you so much for playing along with the Dolls...
    hope you will play with us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty!
    I was wondering if you'd be willing to add the Email Subscription gadget to your sidebar... It's so much easier for me to follow blogs when they're delivered right to my inbox! ;)

    ReplyDelete