Monday, August 29, 2011

Card Pattern Sketch 130 & Color Throwdown 156








Hello Everyone and Happy Monday to you!


This project was a first time sketch challenge, a first time to use this color combination, and a first time to use NO ink!  So, I am particularly curious as to what you might think of it.  I will look forward to your much appreciated comments!  


In my stash of patterned papers, I found this 6" pad from Kaiser Craft called  Lilac Avenue Collection.  It not only has a variety of pretty papers, but 28 die cut elements.  I stacked two of them under the center flower.  The striped background as well as the soft yellow pattern under the two side flowers are also from this collection.  The roses were made using My Favorite Things Rolled Roses Dies.  The scalloped squares were made from Spellbinders Big Scalloped Squares, large.  I also used Papertrey Ink's Eyelet Lace Scallop Border die which I cut in half and adhered to either side of the horizontal strip across the center of the card.  All cardstock is from Papertrey Ink in Kraft, Lemon Mist, and Plum Pudding. 


photo


Thanks for stopping by!
Suzanne

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping by my blog. - Your card here is lovely. I especially love the Roses. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'd have to have to say that you have created one fabulous card - without stamping a single thing! How fun that you were able to make card for the challenge without getting one bit of ink on your fingers! Those roses are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is neat! I love the fact that you used no ink. That's awesome. Love what you did here..and thank you SO much for the sweet comments you leave on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love your rolled flowers. Your work is stunning. Where is your "followers" gadget? Would love to follow you. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne, thanks for your nice comment on my card for the CTD challenge, I think yours is lovely also, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful, Suzanne! I love the colors and stripes and the lovely rolled roses! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne, this is really lovely, especially for your 3 first times!! Love your roses, are they easy to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those roses are fabulous! They look like icing roses that belong on a cake, they are so perfect!!! It may be impossible for me to make a card with no ink, but you did it beautifully. Thanks for the lovely comments and congrats on my blog. I appreciate them so much. ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete