Thursday, December 22, 2011

2012 Calendar Project

Hi There!
 
I've missed visiting with you but I expect that you have been as busy as I have been.  As of a few minutes ago, I have put away all of the "Christmas" stamp sets and supplies.  With them I put a list of the things I wish I could have done this year-I plan to start in August for next Christmas.    The packages are wrapped and under the tree.  The third batch of homemade rolls and the cinnamon rolls will be made tomorrow.  We are so excited about Christmas morning with our two year old grandson.  I am ready to sit back and enjoy the view!

But, for now, I want to share with you a project that gave me great pleasure to create.  I know that practically no one uses a desk calendar anymore, but, I like the idea of giving a little beauty that lets the receiver know that she is important to me and that I think of her everyday.  So here is the calendar I made for my friend Jan.  Since there are so many pictures, I have only noted the products that are not from PAPERTREY INK.


photo
Soft Pool Shadow Ink, Hero Arts


photo
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, applied with an AquaPen



photo
Copic Marker - Y21

photo
London Fog Dye Ink-Memento

photo
Rose Bud Dye Ink-Memento
EK Success flower punch, 1/4" hole punch

photo
Sentiment:  Verve Stamps, Let it Shine
Copic Markers

photo
Copic Markers, Sakura Clear Star Pen

photo
"Happy Birthday"-Hero Arts
Versamark Ink, Zing Embossing Powder: Leaf

photo
Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey, Out of Print
Perfect Pearls: Biscotti, Perfect Medium,  Versamark Ink

photo



photo
Distress Inks:  Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Shabby Shutters

photo

The December page was actually my submission for a Make-It-Monday #39: Multi-Stamp Background Building and was the starting point for the whole calendar.  It didn't take long for me to figure out that to create a separate page for every month was a bigger undertaking than I anticipated!  It seems that I can make any project more difficult than it needs to be!  None the less, I had a great time making this and I think Jan will enjoy it all year.

Some of you actually asked to see this finished project!  I hope you will enjoy it, too.

Thanks for stopping by,
Suzanne


7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful calendar. Every month is exactly perfect. How'd you do that? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Suzanne, what an awesome calendar set! Your design sense and execution are flawless, and attention to detail is remarkable. For instance the stamped edge of umbrella on the month of April that matches the image underneath--wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Suzanne this is absolutely stunning! I am sure your friend will love it. I just love the coloring that you did for June, simply beautiful! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ,wow! Now I know why you have been missing :) Your calendar pages are gorgeous ! Each one it just so beautiful , this is a wonderful gift! I cant even pick a favorite . TFS , so much inspration! Have a Blessed Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly Smokes! Is Jan a lucky lady, or what! Suzanne, what a beautiful calendar. Every month is as glorious as the one before and after. I have seen quite a few of these done, and not one can hold a candle to yours. Your composition is fabulous and I love the way you intermingled your images with the printed calendar pages. Thanks for sharing this. I may just get out my blank calendar and start to work on it (after Christmas).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Every single page is clearly lovingly created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your calendar and your friend will love it. I have this die and the calendar set but haven't used it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete