Sunday, June 26, 2011

Make-it-Monday #20 Reverse Masking

DSC03008


Hi there!  Better late than never for the Make-it-Monday challenge.

 In the beginning of this project, I wanted the dragonfly embossed in gold and painted with the mixture of Smooches colors against stark white.  Unfortunately, I swiped across the paint before it was dry and left a soft smudge.  That's when I realized a simple repair could be made using the reverse mask technique.  Using a Nestabilities die as my mask, I applied a combination of Ranger's Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters with an Inkssentials foam applicator.  Of course, at this point the entire design changed, and I think for the better.  One thing lead to another, specifically the gold embossed edges and sentiment stamp.  My husband suggested the Kraft mat layer and I mounted it on my favorite color of card stock, Aqua Mist.   The Kraft and Aqua Mist combo feels like the beach to me-colors of the sea and sand...I can feel the breeze and smell the salt air as I imagine sitting under an umbrella, reading until I doze off.  I love summer!

Thanks for stopping by!
Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. this is GORGEOUS- the color combo- the dragonfly... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne! Your card is absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for your kind message on my blog and yes, I would love to see what you do with your upcoming card!!!

    ReplyDelete