Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Signature Style-CSC 102





Hello and Happy Saturday to you!  

After three years of card making, I am still undecided as to what to call my "signature style".  I like a simple design, die cut embellishments, usually no more than three colors, a clean, simple font for my sentiment and embossing wherever I can fit it in.  I have tried to emulate a lot of different styles and a lot of different designers, but it seems that my cards always look like, well, my cards.   This Case Study challenge has been an exercise in self-acceptance, and I've decided that's a good thing!  So here it is:


If you are familiar with my blog, I would love to know if you think this is consistent with my style.  I would also appreciate insight as to what style you would call it!
Enjoy your remaining weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Suzanne

Supplies are all Papertrey Ink unless noted:
Card stock:  Fine Linen, Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper:  Fine Linen Leaves
Stamps:  Larger Than Life, Calendar Basics
Dies:  Larger Than Life
Inks:  Lavender Moon, Ripe Avocado, Classic Kraft, Simply Chartreuse
Other:  Versamark ink, gold embossing powder

18 comments:

  1. I love your elegant style, Suzanne! That always shines through! Gorgeous card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I love the soft colours and monochromatic look, the dainty flowers and a very interesting layout! Many thanks for joining us at CASE Study! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Suzanne! I think your style is wonderful! Always elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Awesome fussy cutting and how marvelous those popped up images look on your card! I can see you put a lot of work into this one...it's beautiful! Thanks for joining us for our 2nd anniversary celebration at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, love how your sentiment banner is holding your flowers in! I would say your style is clean and simple, with a little bit of a twist thrown in. So, on this card your CAS would be the flowers and banner with the white background, and the twist is that you have a patterned paper behind it (instead of white). Sound right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne - I have been traveling through you lovely blog tonight and each post is so beautiful! I am your newest member! :) I still can't figure out my own style. I think Kelly describes yours very well - all I know is that your style is always lovely!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your style is CAS, favoring flowers and PTI, usually you stay away from little things like little stamps or embellishments, and you like pink best. I don't have a "style" either, but who cares, here's to self acceptance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous stamping and layering. love your choice of shades of the green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Suzanne. The die-cut flowers are awesome. Pretty colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely WONDERFUL! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, love the flowers and foliage! Beautiful color combo. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Suzanne, this is your style. I would describe it as one step up from CAS. There is usually a lot work and detail that goes into your cards, that someone who doesn't stamp might not notice. You seem to use softer, pastel colors. I do love seeing your cards and your style. This one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!!!! What an absolutely beautiful card!!! Love the florals and greenery and the colors are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! Whatever your style is called, you do it well. I love the layered stamping and die cuts,

    ReplyDelete
  15. And this is such a pretty card. ;-) I love the soft colors and all those lovely sprigs. I purchased the Life sets a few months ago - you make me want to finally get them out and use them! Very nice job on your card. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for an additional comment! But I wanted to tell you how much I like your new blog look - that header is fabulous! And I love the new pic of you on the side. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never sorry to read another comment! Thanks for noticing my new header and profile pic!

      Delete