Friday, March 30, 2012

Case Study Challenge #84, Color Throwdown #185

Hi there and Happy Friday!

Rarely do I combine challenges, but this time it seemed to work for me.  I love the beautiful projects and inspiration I get from both Color Throwdown, and CASE Study.


Laura Bassen's inspiration for CASE Study Challenge #84:


  


Isn't she amazing?  I love everything she creates.  And my color choice came from: 

And this is my card that was inspired by these two:


Although Color Throwdown gets full credit for inspiring the color scheme, I took a lot of license with it and decided to make one more card with a few of the remaining die cuts.  This time,  a little more true to the spirit of the challenge.  


Laura frequently uses really interesting applications of die cuts, especially in the negative as in her sample above.  I had a lot of fun playing around with Mat Stack #3 and Flower Fusion, making some positive cuts and others negative.  Popping one up on foam adhesive and gluing another flat.  Unfortunately, you really can't appreciate much of that here, just trust me that there are a variety of layers!


Additionally, Jean, from My Stamping and Beading Therapy, has nominated me for another Leibster Award.  What a special honor!  Leibster, is a German word meaning "beloved, dearest or favorite" and this award is shared only among those of us with 200 or fewer followers.  I truly appreciate that she and I are becoming "online friends" through this passion for paper crafting. Part of the honor is to pass it along to five others who are  encouraging me and others through their sweet comments as well as inspiring us with their own beautiful projects. So I gladly pass this honor on to:
Wida, Beachorado
Angie, Schwooo!
Greta, GGNurse
These five ladies create and write some of my new favorite blogs.  Please stop by each of their blogs and let them know how much you like what you see there!  They will love it!

Finally, here is a list of the supplies I used to make my two cards.
(All products are Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Card stock:  White, True Black, Soft Stone, Sweet Blush
Patterned Papers:  Raspberry Fizz Pattern Pack, Bitty Dot Basics, Basic Grey Out of Print 
Stamps:  Flower Fusion #8, Hero Arts CL 184, CL 402
Dies:  Mat Stack #3 and Mat Stack #3 Layerz , Beautiful Blooms #1, Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circle, Flower Fusion #12, Double Ended Banners, Spellbinders Circles, Large and Small

I'm so glad you stopped by.  Thanks for joining me today and sharing in my fun!

Suzanne 
  


18 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful! I think the secong is my favorite! Great job with the challenges! I love all the layers and use of negative die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are so lovely. I love your interpretation of the colors. I could see a lot more of the details when I clicked on the photo to enlarge it, and I really like how you've done the layers on each of them. Very detailed and creative! Nice job on these challenges. ;-) And congrats on the Liebster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, both of your cards are just so beautiful, plan to pin them. Thank you so much for the incredible honor of the Leibster Blog nomination...I have had so much fun putting my blog together and just so grateful for anyone to take the time to peek at my work. Thank you for the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAAAATTT??? I am so surprised that you have given me this sweet award. I would see people get them and well, be a bit envious. Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog, leave the nicest comments, and give my little place of the world a chance to shine on your blog. I really appreciate your kindness :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice surprise, thanks so much for the award! :)
    I love both of your cards! Such fun layers of dies and flowers! I love those colors too, I better check out that color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your sweet comment Suzanne and for the Liebster award! I really appreciated your thoughtfulness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh...CONGRATS on your Liebster award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are fantastic! I love the use of black in each card! Really makes your flowers pop:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne, Thanks for the Name That Tune suggestion. I did enter the challenge. I had not seen CAS before, so now I have yet another place to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are really eye-popping! Love the way you have combined the colors and patterns, and really love the die cuts. The black borders really make the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards combining both the challenges! Thanks for playing along in our Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layering of shapes and colours. I'm trying to work out which version I prefer. The first talks to my white CAS style but I like the second one too which as you say is more in line with the colour inspiration. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way you played around with different patterns, and basically the same elements, to create two different cards. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are gorgeous...love your take on the case study challenge and you have used the Color Throwdown colors beautifully!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are super cute cards Suzanne! What a great take on the CASE! Thank for joining us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards , love them both ! I think I like the second best because of the dark not sure way maybe just because it stands out so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are beautiful cards ~ you did a great job working with the positive and negative die cuts.

    ReplyDelete