Saturday, February 4, 2012

Make It Monday #51 & Case Study #76

Hello Everyone,
Happy Saturday to you.  This has been a very frustrating week for me, way too many interruptions in my card making time!  But, I have enjoyed the morning putting together this card for two of my favorite challenges.  I was inspired by both designers, Nichole Heady, for Make it Monday, and Karola Witczak for Case Study Challenge.

Nichole's example for Make It Monday #51-Dimensional Sentiment Banner:
Youre a True Friend Card 

Karola's inspiration for Case Study Challenge #76:

My take on the two inspirations:


And a fun finish on the inside:


Karola's inspiration is so Springy with the giant flower, bird and butterflies; and who of us isn't ready for a little Spring?  I love adding a sentiment banner and Nichole's highly stylized version here just made my heart pitty-pat, so using her inspiration was a delight! Product details are below.  I hope you find something here that inspires you as well!

Thanks for stopping by, 
Suzanne

Card base:  Prefolded Ivory from Hobby Lobby
Patterned Paper:  Scribble Scrabble, Naomi's Collection
Card stock: PTI, Ripe Avocado
Ink:  PTI, Dark Chocolate, Chai
Stamp Set: PTI Egg Hunt
Dies:  PTI Mat Stack #5 Layerz, Spellbinders, Rose Creations

20 comments:

  1. Thats a very pretty spring card! I love the sentiment and how you carry it from outside to inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I love the spring colors. And nice touch to add the banners to the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cool! Great use of patterned papers--I love that you made the rose out of the same paper! Definitely makes me ready for Spring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flower, Suzanne! I love that you finished the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super combination of the challenges! Your card has me really wanting spring to arrive!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. Love all colours.
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, love the paper rose and the funny inside, too.
    Have a great weekend and thank you for your comment on my blog
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic take on the cards, love it. AND the inside

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Love that you shared your darling inside too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! I like the way you stamped the sentiment! Very original!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card -- love that banner and the flower you made! This card will make both of your inspiration creators proud!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! Love how you combined both inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card...everything about it...the die cut out, the flower and the banner are perfect...and then the inside is just magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card. Great take on both challenges. Love the banner and your paper flower. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you to do the inside of the card too! I'm guilty of spending too much time on the outside of the card and then being so tired when it comes to the inside that only a quick message gets in there. Thanks for reminding me about the inside! It really completes the card and is probably where the recipient spends the most time (reading your message). So love your clean and simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty take on both challenges, Suzanne! I love the soft, pastel colors and that beautiful flower. Lovely job on the inside, too. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, this is gorgeous...luv the ribbon fold...hope your week is fantastic!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty , love the flower , banner and that gorgeous patterned paper . Great job on the inside,nice way to use those dies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic Easter card Suzanne! I almost used that same stamp set for my sentiment. You did a fabulous job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOH! What a sweet Easter card! I love it. Making me yearn for Spring! Just marvelous :)

    ReplyDelete