Saturday, September 3, 2011

3 Challenges-1 Card

   Make It Monday #30: Colored Pencils


    Color Throwdown #157

 




Hello and Happy Saturday! 
It's the beginning of Labor Day weekend and I hope you are taking advantage of an extra day of rest.  Around here, we will be enjoying the waning days of summer in the swimming pool,  a scramble golf tournament and little grilling on the side.  The temperatures may even begin to moderate before we head back to work next Tuesday. 

I think I will actually enjoy taking a break from card making for a few days...did I really say that?

I was delighted to see that the Make it Monday project was to use colored pencils since I had just bought a box of 50 Crayoloas just last week while in the office supply store.  I just could not resist a little Back-to-school purchase of my own.  I think I have been looking at too many blogs lately with that theme!

The inspiration for my card came from a special evening with some girl friends in which I noticed the genuine warmth and beauty of a friend's smile. We go to the same church and I realized how many times I have seen her smile at me over the years but that we have not had the opportunity to get to know each other better.  I wanted her to know how much her smile meant to me and that I look forward to knowing her better.

Susan's card



photo



photo

Details:  All products are from Papertrey Ink except where noted
Cardstock:  Rustic White, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky
Stamps:  Front:  Year of Flowers: Marigolds, Year of Flowers Collection,   Inside sentiment:  Garden Variety , Tag its #5
Ribbon:  Blueberry Sky, Jute Twine
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Cane Print Impression Plate, Tiny Tags die, Spellbinders Lacy Circles die

Have a safe and happy weekend!
Thanks so much for stopping by,

Suzanne

16 comments:

  1. Did you really color that with Crayola colored pencils??? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Suzanne, the colours are so bright and rich, and your colouring is fab!
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog, hope you enjoy your balloon ride when the time comes!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! Such a kind gesture~ I am sure your friend will be so touched. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Suzanne! Great colouring!
    Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog, by the way. I'd forgotten to link the first part of my journal (thanks for pointing that out to me!) It's all fixed now. Here's the link: http://leighpenner.blogspot.com/2011/09/gratitude-album-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice coloring job! And it was a great story, too. Love that Year Of Flowers stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome coloring job! You and I share a love for back to school supplies for US!!! I have several crayola boxes at my own house! Your card is wonderful and happy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combo and what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card Suzanne! Love your coloring! Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is stunning, great CASE..hope your day is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card, Suzanne!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card with a special meaning. I have a hard time not picking up the great back to school deals for myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card Suzanne. Love the gorgeous flower in the circle. The colors are lovely. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have used the colors beautifully...I love your pretty flowers and the inside is just as lovely as the outside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Friend,
    Love, love, love your colors and your expressions of friendship. A beautiful card from the heart of a beautiful person.....Darby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Suzanne, your coloring skills are magnificent! Those flowers are just divine and the layout of your card is awesome! So glad to have you join us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! My comment went through on that last post! ;-D

    This card is so pretty. I love the cane print, that GORGEOUS bow, and your coloring is fantastic, so well done. Congrats on the the Color Throwdown shoutout! ;-)

    ReplyDelete