Sunday, August 21, 2011

CASE Study#53 & Make it Monday#28

CASE Study




Make It Monday #28: Glitter Die Borders

Erin's teaching us how to add a glitter outline to our die cut shapes today. Bust out your steel dies and glue pen, we'll be putting them to work in a whole new way.

Well, my inexperience in posting on my blog is certainly showing today!  I hope you can get past my ineptitude long enough to let me know what you think about this card!  I would also welcome any advise on blogging!!!
First of all, I want to show you the inspiration card I chose from Iwona Palamountain.  This week's challenge is to case any of the beautiful cards from her blog, past and present.

Photobucket
and here is my take on it:
photo

This is the first time I have combined challenges and really liked the opportunity to do so.  I hope you can see the "glittery crown" above the top of the Labels 18 die. What a fun technique!  I'm sure I'll try this again and go even farther with the glitter border!
The label is stamped with Just Rite Stamps, Hugs To You, border and sentiment. The sentiment was stamped again, cut out and attached with dimensional foam adhesive.  I could not resist adding a little glitter to the poppies and the butterfly!  The Butterfly Dreams stamp and Die, poppy image from Botanical Silhouettes, background from Polka Dot Basics, Hibiscus Burst twill ribbon, Rustic Cream and New Leaf card stock, and Chai Ink for distressing the edges are all from Papertrey Ink.  Other inks used are Memento Bamboo Leaf and Rose Bud, Versamagic Chalk Ink Sage.
Well, that's it for now.  I hope you will leave a much appreciated comment for me!
Thanks for stopping by, Suzanne







































CASE Study

12 comments:

  1. wow this card is beautiful, you've done such a good job CASEing Chupa's original!!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous CASE of chupa's card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yours came out so awesome I tried this didn't have the same glue...what a mess I had....
    karen
    www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the color combination, all the glitter and only putting it on part of the die great idea! Love the polka dots I just ordered mine I hope it comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Suzanne...love that you also added glitter to the butterfly and blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, your card is so sparkly! I really like your card, the choice of stamps and the technique you used. So fun to see you playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty, Suzanne! Love the colors and all the glitter!! Very, very nice! Gorgeous stamps and case-ing a card from the amazing Iwona must have been a pleasure! Good luck in both challenges!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just GORGEOUS! I LOVE the colors you used on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great CASE of Chupa's card, love your color combo! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love both these cards! All that glitter on yours is so pretty. Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO pretty and lovely colours, as for blogging, sorry can't help, I'm newish too :)

    ReplyDelete